Here's a provisional list of events media surrounding Extra Virginity and highlighting premium olive oil from around the world. Please drop by or tune in wherever you can!
5-9 November taking part in the International Technical Course for olive oil tasters at ONAOO, the world's oldest tasting school in Imperia, Italy.
18-30 September various events including Open Book, meetings w/ olive oil regulators, visits to oil producers etc in Cape Town, Johannesburg and elsewhere in South Africa
11 am-1 pm
10000 Research Blvd, Ste 130
2.30 - 4.30pm
Downtown-2nd Street District
14 July Speaking at a Bay Area olive oil conference
10 - 14 June
- TerraOlivo, the 3rd International Conference on "The Olive Oil Revolution Quality, Culinary and Health"
1 - 6 June — Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 3-6 June CCfCC National Convention, Halifax, Nova Scotia
2 June, 2012, 2pm book signing at:
LIQUID GOLD TASTING BAR & ALL THINGS OLIVE
5525 Halifax, Nova Scotia
Tel: 902 406 8809
- NO all'economia dell'inganno, Convegno Nazionale della Cia, Bari
18 - 23 April
- Olive Japan 2012, member of the Jury
- 103rd AOCS Annual Meeting and Expo, panel member
JANUARY 2012 - CALIFORNIA & SEATTLE EVENTS
Olive Oil Flavor and Quality (one-day seminar) at
THE CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA at Greystone
Napa Valley, California
presented by The Culinary Institute of America, The UC Davis Olive Center, in collaboration with the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade
11am-2pm Book Talk & Signing, oil tasting & food pairing, and encounter with 4 of the world’s best olive oil producers, at:
WILLIAMS SONOMA Store
340 Post Street San Francisco, CA 94108
2pm-4pm Book Signing & Tasting at:
THE PASTA SHOP at the Rockridge Market Hall
340 Post Street, Oakland CA 94108
4.30pm - 5.30pm New Tuscan Olive Oil and Panel Discussion at:
5655 College Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618
5.30pm onwards Dinner at:
5655 College Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618
- 8.30am FANCY FOOD SHOW New World Olive Oil panel
6:30pm onwards Dinner at:
BOULETTES LARDER, Ferry Plaza, in celebration of DASKARA extra virgin olive oil from Palestine
- 11am-1pm “Extra Virginity—Quest for Quality, Meeting and Raising Standards of Excellence” – discussion with CHOW.com’s founder Jane Goldman. PURCELL MURRAY, Brisbane, California. London-based, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean culinary expert Anissa Helou will curate a luncheon of mezze from the Middle East and Eastern Mediterranean.
- 9:15-9:45, speaking at The Olive Conference at the Dixon fairgrounds, Dixon California
- 1-3pm Olive Oil Talk and Book Signing at: THE BOOK PASSAGE, Ferry Plaza, CA
- 10am-3pm Olive Oil Talk, Tasting & Book Signing at The True Olive Connection, Santa Cruz
- Olive Oil Talk, Olio Nuovo Tasting and Book Signing at: 1-3pm McEVOY RANCH Store in the Ferry Building, San Francisco
- 1:30pm testifying as expert witness on olive oil quality before the CALIFORNIA SENATE, hearing to at the State Capitol in Sacramento, Room 3191
- 5pm Olive Oil Talk, Reading and Book Signing at Elliot Bay Book Company, Seattle
- 1.4pm Olive Tasting and Talk at Oil & Vinegar Store, Bellevue WA
4 December 2011
- 9:30-9:50am PST, KFWB NEWS TALK 980 "Food & Wine with Chef Jamie Gwen" (taped interview, to be aired soon)
- 11am-12:30pm PST -- COSTCO, 1600 El Camino Real, San Francisco, CA
- 3-4pm PST -- OMNIVORE BOOKS ON FOOD, 3885A Cesar Chavez Street San Francisco, CA
5 December 2011
- 6-9pm PST – themed olive oil dinner at FIG AND OLIVE MELROSE PLACE, 8490 Melrose Place, West Hollywood, CA
- 6-7:00PM Attendees from the public will enjoy an olive oil tasting and cocktails.
- From 7-9:00PM: Discussing the sublime and scandalous (especially the sublime) aspects of great olive oil with restaurant owner Laurent Halasz, through an intimate guided four-course olive oil tasting ($85 per person).
6 December 2011
- 6-8:30pm PST – Book discussion and signing, and olive oil tasting with themed tapas-style food, at Oliana, a specialty olive oil store in West Hollywood, CA
7 December 2011
- 4-7pm PST -- Book discussion and signing, and olive oil tasting with themed tapas-style food, at Antica, a specialty olive oil store in Seal Beach, CA
8 December 2011
- 10am PST -- KAZG RADIO, "Culinary Confessions" (live radio) 7-9pm PST – Themed olive oil dinner and discussion of EXTRA VIRGINITY and olive oil lore past & present with Darrell Corti, historic figure and conoisseur in the olive oil world. (In Sacramento, CA, see www.cortibros.biz for details)
10 December 2011
- 3-7pm PST – Book signing and oil tasting, celebrating the culinary, health and cultural depth of a range of great olive oils, and pointing out what needs to change in the industry to ensure fraud is curtailed. AMPHORA NUEVA, 2928 Domingo Ave, Berkeley, CA
12 December 2011
- NPR Fresh Air with Terry Gross (exact time TBA) NPR Marketplace report with Kai Ryssdal, discussing oils great and terrible while shopping for olive oil (exact time TBA).
13 December 2011
- 6:30-8pm EST – Book event and cooking educational with local oil authority Nicholas Coleman at Eataly, 200 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY (details to follow).
14 December 2011
- 9-10am EST – WISCONSIN PUBLIC RADIO (NPR), "The Joy Cardin Show" (live interview) 5-7pm EST – Book event and olive oil tasting at FILLING STATION Chelsea Market (details to follow)
19 December 2011
- 6-9:30pm EST -- FIG AND OLIVE, 420 West 13th Street, New York, NY.
- 6-7:30PM: Book Signing, Olive Oil Tasting, Cocktails
- 7:30-9:30PM: VIP dinner for 40 people, a conversation about EXTRA VIRGINITY
20 December 2011
- noon-1pm EST -- AMERICAN PUBLIC MEDIA, "The Splendid Table" (live radio interview)